- Do you feel confident with your American accent?
- Are you close to mastering it, but you’re still sometimes asked if you’re from somewhere else?
- Do you miss out on American roles because there’s something “not quite right” about your accent?
- Are you a non-native speaker who doesn’t even know where to begin?
- If any of this is you, I’ll be offering help, clarity, and specific tools for moving forward in this webinar.
· The “oral posture” of American English
· The peculiar articulation that is the American ‘r’ sound
· How to master the difference between the vowels in sheep and ship, green and grin
· How to master the difference between the vowels in pull and pool, soot and suit
· How to master the difference between the two different ‘th’ sounds in words like this and thin
· and several other essential and (often tricky!) vowel sounds.
What is “General” American anyway?
Whether you’re a Brit, an Aussie, a Kiwi, or a non-native speaker of English, you need to find an American English accent that fits you and your casting like a glove. So we’ll also focus on:
· how to find your American accent—where to look, what to listen for, and more.
· how to keep practicing on your own (Practice makes perfect, after all!).